Sunday, November 14, 2010

uh oh! readers!

In the past few days, I've discovered something: people actually follow my blog! I have readers! While most people would think "yay! Friends!", I thought "AHHH! I don't ever write anything interesting! It's just my stupid ramblings!" So, with this knowledge in my mind, I've decided I have to start blogging about more meaningful things.

So, um, how bout those Red Sox? Kidding, kidding. I may live with two blocks of Fenway, but I know NOTHING about the Red Sox, except that their security guards often hit on me as I walk by in the morning!

So, um, yeah.

Actually, here's something I've been thinking about for years, especially in light of the fact that a few weeks ago I visited a recreation of his home on Walden Pond.

Henry David Thoreau wrote,

"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away."

When you see Walden Pond, especially at the time of day I saw it...it's absolutely breath-taking. And the home he lived in...so small, yet had all that he needed. He wrote such beautiful things while there.


No comments:

Post a Comment