Sunday, December 12, 2010

all hail guard dog Willow!

During this lovely week of finals, I've not been studying much. Oops. Instead, I proceeded to move in to my brothers' home to puppy sit my sister-in-law's Dachshunds while they're both gone on business/school trips. Yesterday was spent moving my huge suitcase from Fenway to the North End, settling in, grocery shopping, and....watching three zombie/slasher/thriller movies with my older brother. SO much fun, but not conducive to passing my classes. Oh well.

So, after three wonderful movies last night, the Dachshunds and I headed up to bed. I was rudely awakened around 4am to Willow's angry barking. The typical response came quickly, but then I heard lots of male voices in the alleyway. Groggling stumbling to the window, to my surprise I saw 6 cops and some guy standing next to our gate! Now, from everything I learned last night and from an extensive repertoir of zombie/slasher/thriller films, I quickly woke up Nick. You never know, right? Who wants to die alone in a boiler room? (my hat's off to Freddie Kreuger...)

Anyway, it turns out someone had called the cops because they'd seen someone trying to hop fences and oddly enough, they caught the guy at our fence! Or something. We're still not entirely sure what happened, but I was very glad for my guard dog Willow.


No comments:

Post a Comment