Wednesday, March 23, 2011

farewell Liz.

Elizabeth Taylor passed away today, and I am sad! Despite her colorful life, I really enjoyed her acting.

Perhaps her best and most fitting role was as Katherina in Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew.

As Petruchio jests,

"Say that she rail, why then I'll tell her plain
She sings as sweetly as a nightingale.
Say that she frown, I'll say that she looks as clear
As morning roses newly washed with dew.
Say she be mute and will not speak a word,
Then I'll commend her volubility
And say she uttereth piercing eloquence.
If she do bid me pack, I'll give her thanks,
As though she bid me stay by her a week.
If she deny to wed, I'll crave the day
When I shall ask the banns, and when be marri'd."
(2.1.169–179)

farewell Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment