Thursday, March 31, 2011

today, i miss evergreens.

today i really miss home.

i miss how green my parents' backyard is.

i miss driving a few minutes to see carrie and eat blueberries and watch gilmore girls.

i miss driving to carnation to see the beauty of the valley.

i miss walking around redmond aimlessly with annie mcphee. mostly, i just miss her.

i miss stopping at victor's for a cup of coffee with a good friend.

i miss how the rain looks and feels.

i miss my favorite bookstore.

i miss the general feeling redmond...bustling yet quiet.

i miss easy access to target and fred meyer. funny how distance can make you miss the familiar places you always went and didn't think much about.

i miss driving to the mcphees' house.

i miss driving through the mountains.

i miss my grandma's view of the mountains.

i miss evergreens.

i miss alice.

i miss watching movies with my parents.

i miss the covered wagon. i miss laughing with janae in the covered wagon and her telling me about how when she envisions her future, it's in the passenger seat of the covered wagon.

i miss queen anne safeway. yeah, i do. laugh if you must.

i miss my fiore.

i miss cheap(er) rent.

i miss my church. i miss my sunday school kids. i miss familiarity. i miss the sense of community there.

i miss my home. i miss it so much.

1 comment: