Monday, April 18, 2011

a summer of bliss

A friend from graduate school asked me the other day, "Charlotte, are you a reader?" If you know me (and if you're reading this blog, then you probably do), you can guess my answer to that question.

As I've mentioned, I am rereading To Kill A Mockingbird this spring, and believe it or not, in spite of grad school, I'm almost done! It has been so wonderful reading this for so many different reasons: it makes me laugh. It makes me cry. It makes me think. It challenges me to the core of my being. And it gives me something to look forward to after a long day.

So, in honor of my true love, I've decided that this summer will be a reading summer, in addition to my summer courses.


Here's my list to re-read:

Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

The Power & The Glory, Graham Greene



And one to finish:

The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde



And new ones to read:

Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson

Ye Old Curiosity Shop, Charles Dickens

An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments with Truth, Ghandi

Cymbeline, Shakespeare

The Orchard House , Chekov



I'm planning on camping out on the outside porch of Victor's Coffee in Redmond. If you drive by, look for me! Stop by and chat for a while...but not for too long, after all, I have a lot of reading to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment