Friday, May 6, 2011

welcome to finals.

i looked in the mirror today and almost didn't recognize myself. despite the new freckles, i'm pale and tired looking, with dark circles under my eyes. And my hair is long...how did that happen?

this has been a long year. a good year, but a long year. i miss home. i miss my friends. i miss driving through the beautiful backroads of washington. i miss lakes. i miss long hours of reading. i miss the smell of bbqs.

finals is here, and i'm dragging my heels to finish. i so desperately want to be done, but i can barely stay awake at this point. you know how at the end of finals, the adrenalin crash happens and you sleep for an entire day? i'm there now, except that i can't sleep because i need to finish my finals! 2 take homes, 2 meetings with professors, miscellaneous paperwork and preparing for 2 in class finals to go...

to be entirely honest, i'm waiting to see the light turn on in paul's office across the river...then i'll head over there and order a pizza with him while we write...right. hah!

wednesday cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment